Welcome to Bishop's Stortford Taxis brought to you by JAB Travel. Please use the postcode look-up on the left or click the Booking tab and follow the easy steps to get an instant on-screen quotation. Note: If applicable, London Congestion Charge, Parking and Barrier Charges are payable in addition to quoted fares. We operate taxis 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Book online and receive payment protection via PayPal, email confirmation and a printable receipt 24 hours a day. All Stansted bookings attract a minimum £18.50 fare. Please see our full terms and conditions here.
We always aim to answer enquiries as quickly as possible. If your enquiry is of an urgent nature or you do not wish to use our online taxi booking system, please contact us directly on the number’s above. We have a superior fleet of taxis which include models such as Mercedes Benz and Audi plus people carriers and minibuses.
All our taxis are kept immaculately clean and you will find our drivers to be well presented, courteous and helpful. We welcome account customers and contract work. We have executive chauffeur driven cars available at your request; providing a professional service for weddings and special occasions. We provide a professional taxi service at a competitive price. JAB Travel believes that they can accommodate all budgets from business users to nights out.
JAB Travel have taxis For Hire in all surrounding areas of Bishop’s Stortford. Also service the areas Elsenham, Great Dunmow, Braintree, Saffron Walden, Takeley, Stansted Mountfitchet, Hatfield Health, Rodings, and taxis to all neighbouring areas within Essex and Hertfordshire. Our Business Mission is to "exceed customer expectation".
We have transport for all occasions offering local taxis, Chauffeur Driven Executive Cars, Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle, Limos and up to 16 seater mini buses and party buses. Cars and buses perfect for Business Meetings, Weddings and Birthdays.
JAB Travel Contacts
Bishops Stortford Taxi:- 01279 260 247
Great Dunmow Taxi:- 01371 606 247
Braintree Taxi:- 01376 350 350
Mobile/Text:– 07979 720110
Nights Out, Executive Travel, Business Meeting,
We can accommodate all.
All Booking Welcome. All Major Debit/Credit cards Accepted, Accounts Welcome.
TABLE OF FARES
Rate 1 (7.00am to 10.30pm Monday to Saturday) Up to 4 passengers Up to 1364 yards £3.20 After 1364 yards (for each additional mile) £2.10 Equivalent to each additional unit of 83 yards @ 10p
Rate 2 (10.30pm to 7.00am, Monday to Saturday, Midnight Saturday Up to 4 passengers to 7.00am Monday, Public Holidays)
Up to 1364 yards £4.80 After 1364 yards for each additional mile £3.15 Equivalent to each additional unit of 83 yards @ 15p
How can I pay?
We accept all major debit/credit cards via telephone and online bookings and in some of our cars. Alternatively, you can pay the driver in cash on the day.
How far in advance do I need to book my car?
If booking online, please do so at least 24 hours in advance. For bookings within the next 24 hours please call us to confirm availability.
Are your prices per vehicle or per passenger?
All our prices are per vehicle.
Will I be charged extra if my flight is delayed?
No, we do not charge you any extra if your flight is delayed. We check your arrival time before we dispatch your driver. Drivers are dispatched one hour prior to the advertised landing times. The price you are quoted allows for up to 30 minutes waiting time after the plane lands. However, each period of 15 minutes after that time will be charged at £5. All parking and entrances are chargeable at cost.
Where will I meet my driver after landing at the airport?
Your driver will make contact to arrange your meeting point, or with pre-arranged meeting board in arrivals hall. If you have provided your mobile number we can arrange to meet you outside the departures/arrivals hall, usually 30 minutes after the flight has been confirmed to land. Our office/driver may also call or text you while waiting outside the terminal in the pick-up area to tell you your vehicle registration and where he is waiting. Please take a note of our phone number at the time of booking in the event you need to call us.
Do I need to pay for parking?
Car parking is to be paid to the driver on the day and he/she will supply you with a receipt.
Do you do tours/sightseeing?
Yes, we offer hourly/daily hire for tours/sightseeing and allow complete flexibility to your schedule.
Will you meet us at any time of day?
Yes, we provide a service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Call us or book online at anytime.
1. To enable us to meet your requirements, we require at least 24 hour notice, all other requests please phone the number at the top of the page.
2. Please phone for further information, help and availability, or send an enquiry through the website. We will try to help wherever we can. An enquiry does not constitute a booking until confirmed by the company.
3. All fixed prices are only valid if going to or from Bishop's Stortford.
4. The Company does not accept liabilities for any delays caused by rerouted journeys beyond our control, i.e. those caused by accidents, diversions or the weather.
5. The Company accepts no responsibilities for any loss or damage to any property or luggage carried in the vehicles.
6. Any damage caused to the interior/exterior of any of our vehicles by the passenger(s) will be charged accordingly.
7. We reserve the right to refuse any passenger(s) our services due to the passenger(s) having excess luggage which would result in the vehicle being unsafe on the road.
8. Passenger(s) are responsible to load and unload their belongings and we will not accept liability for loss or damage to the luggage. Our drivers are very helpful and are able to assist if the luggage is heavy.
9. If you have a problem and/or complaint it is essential that you inform the driver immediately. If you wish to make a formal complaint, please notify our office in writing no later than 5 working days after your planned journey.
10. Smoking in the car is not permitted and against the law in the UK.
11. No alcohol is permitted inside any of our vehicles at any time under any circumstances. Should the vehicle require valeting due to the negligence or alcohol illness of any passenger(s) a charge of £125. will be incurred. This is to compensate for the subsequent loss of earnings/cost of cleaning.
12. The Company reserves the right to decline any bookings and to request any passenger(s) to leave the vehicle if it is deemed his/her conduct is incompatible with the safety of the driver.
13. We strictly require a mobile number for the passenger(s) we pick-up as this is our way of establishing contact with the passenger(s).
14. We strongly recommend that passenger(s) contact the office immediately after landing, so we can confirm the dispatch of your booked car. Where the pick-up is not paid in advance we do not dispatch the car until such contact is established.
15. Please be aware that the legal status of all our private hire drivers is self-employed and they are not employees JAB Travel. However, it is illegal for the drivers to take a booking directly from the customers. Customers should book their journeys via our website or our telephone number. Otherwise, the journeys are not insured.
16. Cancellation Policy: All bookings cancelled 24 hours in advance will be refunded in full minus the credit card transaction fee x2. Bookings cancelled between 24 and 12 hours in advance will receive a 50% refund minus the credit card transaction fee x2. Bookings cancelled within 12 hours will receive no refund. To cancel a booking please email us with your receipt and booking details.
17. Without prior notice The Company reserves the right to amend, change, delete or add to these terms and conditions whenever it deems it necessary